Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Fantastic Tour To Dhikala in Jim Corbett National Park

It was my birthday gift from my best friend Vikram I mean Vikram Singh Bathyal. A three day tour to Dhikala. Those who do not know what is Dhikala, let me have the privilege to brief you about it. Dhikala is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Jim Corbett National Park. This mesmerizing destination is located at the fringes of Patli Dun Valley. In the backdrop you have Kanda ridge and from here you can enjoy the most spectacular view of this amazing valley. Having said that, let me tell you that before Corbett tour I had never been to any wildlife reserve in my life. And Vikram knew this will be the finest gift for my 23rd birthday, which is in the month of November, also the best time to visit Corbett. The tour was organised by a reputed travel and tour agency based in New Delhi. I was glad that my tour was being handled by some experienced people in this business. Being a first timer, I needed a lot of guidance so it was just perfect plan.
During my Dhikala tour, I was accompanied by Vikram and Vishwa, who also happens to be my younger brother. Excitement on our faces was pretty evident when we just packed our bags for the tour. We took all the necessary things required during the tour such as binoculars, green and light colored dresses, hat and so on. The travel operator provided us the cab from New Delhi, where I stay. The cab was very comfortable and in great shape. Full on air condition and lot of space to keep our bags.
While arriving in Dhikala we were told that this place is situated in proximity of Ramnagar, Dhangiri gate. Dhangari entrance as I far I remember was 19 kilometres ahead of Ramnagar. After arriving here, we checked in Dhikala forest lodge, which happens to be the USP of this place. The lodge enjoys great reputation among tourists across the world. And after coming here I believe the reputation is not fake. A great staff along with high end facilities are enough to receive 9 on 10 in ratings. I don't know what cynics believe.
It was early morning when we check in at the lodge. The morning in Dhikala is one of its kind experience. Aroma of fresh tree leaves with sweet music involving bird chirps and movement of wild creatures and above all feeling of being surrounded by lush greenery simply bewildered me. An enchanting morning in Dhikala. Journey had taken a bit toll on my bulgy body so we took little rest. We had a very delicious lunch in afternoon. And after some walk, we were set for jeep safari In Dhikala zone. Jeep safari is simply a great experience. Watching and exploring the nature on your own is far better experience than getting stuck at Ashram red light every day. The three hour safari will always be in my memories, as I saw loads of wild creatures including birds as well. And if you are a biology student you will certainly make out there are loads of plant species which you rarely see in cities and towns. After the safari, we were provided the best dinner we could imagine. Even salad never tasted so good. May be the ambiance had added on the pleasure of cuisine. It was first night at Dhikala lodge and I took little while to fall asleep I was too excited for the next morning.
My second day at Dhikala can be very well described as elephant safari day. Elephant safari was greater fun than jeep safari, watching jungle from that height was simply amazing. And you should see how elephants can be so well trained. At times I felt these elephants knew every nook and corner of the park. Elephant safari helped me see things with proximity which I could not see during Jeep tour. The entire 2-hour journey was full on action and adventure. The second evening in Dhikala as memorable as we danced and listened to some good music. And many other people joined us. After all we were the most happening people there.
On the concluding day, we had an opportunity to go on another jeep safari. The second ride was good as we were revisiting the natural beauty. After short safari, we had breakfast and checked out of the hotel. While returning, the memories of three-day adventure was playing back in mind. It was best birthday of my life. Next season, I am coming here all over again.